Monday, April 13, 2015

Project #4 C4T #4

Hello Mr. Hahnstadt! My name is Santana Mullins, and I'm a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I will be summarizing my visit to your blog with a post to  my blog on Thursday, April 23, 2015. My blog URL is http://www.mullinssantanaedm310.blogspot.com, and our class blog is http://www.edm310.blogspot.com. Good, informative post! I never thought about using the flipped classroom approach in physical education and coaching. For some reason, I tend to get stuck on the word "physical" and think no way technology can be used within that certain field. Well, I see now how it can be used successfully. And now that I really think about it, and see how it is used, it makes sense. The SAMR Model thoroughly expresses how you use technology on everyday basis. Thanks for the enlightening post.

The teacher's blog I read and commented on was Jason Hahnstadt's The SAMR Model - Transforming Physical Education and Coaching. Mr. Hahnstadt uses the flipped classroom approach to physical education and athletics. In this particular post, he talks about how he uses technology as a coach, He introduces the SAMR Model which is a model of how he integrates technology within his physical education and coach field. The SAMR Model stands for Substitution, Augmentation, Modification and Redefinition. This system helps him know just how much of an impact the technology is doing for his students. It also helps him to understand if what he is teaching enhances or transforms his directions.

Image of SAMR Model


No comments:

Post a Comment