Thursday, April 23, 2015

Blog Post #5 Part 2

Personal Learning Network: PLN


Before I came into EDM 310, I honestly had no idea what PLNs were. Then, as I researched and read different things for this class, I saw that in a way I did have a personal learning network. I had a PLN through the app, twitter, but I wasn't as involved and engaged with different tools and people that were available to me. I went from following one of my favorite teachers just because to following many more teachers and my peers that are associated with my major. I enjoy going on twitter and seeing different quotes or websites that have interesting things pertaining to education and teaching. I get so many ideas just from twitter alone. Another tool that has helped build my PLN are the C4T and C4K assignments. I really enjoyed reading articles and blog posts from different people from all areas of the world. I even got a few replies from comments I posted on their blogs. Recently, I was assigned a C4K blog that was from a student in New Zealand, and I saw that the student and I had quite a few things in common. So when I commented on her post, I didn't expect for her teacher to reply back to me thanking me for the kind and motivating words I left on his student's post. He even visited to my blog to the leave comment and checked it out. That right there showed me just how powerful and important PLNs can be. There are many things that I will take from having taken EDM 310, but one of the most important things will be the different people I got to communicate with. I now know that I have so many tools to help me as I continue on this path to become a teacher.

Image of personal learning networks

No comments:

Post a Comment