Thursday, January 29, 2015

Blog Post #3

How Can You Provide Meaningful Feedback to Your Peers?


What is peer editing. A peer is someone who is my age. Editing is when someone makes changes or suggests changes in writing of a subject. Therefore peer editing is when someone my age makes or suggests changes about a specific form of writing. When it comes to peer editing, there are a few steps my peers have to adhere to complete the process of peer editing. These few steps are complimenting the writing post, making suggestions about the writing post, and correcting the writing post. First, there are compliments. Compliments are important because it allows the writer of the post to know how their peer felt about their post. One should always remember to stay positive when complimenting another person's work. You do not want to offend someone's work because its more important to help them improve their post. Next, there are suggestions. Positivism is also needed when one is making suggestions on a peer's post. When making suggestions, peers should remember to give a few ideas on what they think the person could do better. Ideas peers can suggest are things that relate to content and if the words make sense, sentences are complete, and the overall flow of the post. Last, they must make corrections to the post. Making corrections isn't a point to show that the person was wrong, but to make sure the person understands their mistake. I believe these things listed above are the best way to approach peer editing. The key is to always stay positive.


After reading and watching the videos/slides on peer editing, I understand how I will edit my classmate's blog post for EDM 310. I understand the main requirements for editing blog posts and what mistakes not to make. For instance, when editing my classmate's blog posts, I will make sure the first thing I do is to inform my classmate on what I enjoyed most about the post. I will make sure the content and grammar is up to the standards instructed in our EDM 310 instructional manual. I will also make sure to make the appropriate corrections while suggesting positively on how they can improve their post. Editing my peer's posts by these standards is important because it helps them when writing future blog posts, and it also helps them in making sure the posts adhere to the standards of writing for EDM 310. Reviewing my classmate's work with positivism is the importance of peer editing. This can be a confidence builder for those classmates who aren't too sure about their work. Below are the videos I watched that pertained to this post.

What Is Peer Editing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yXerR7O-Lc&feature=player_detailpage

Peer Edit With Perfection Tutorial http://www.slideshare.net/aszardini/tutorial-peer-editing-113187

Writing Peer Reviews Top 10 Mistakes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBuq4qgRhCc&feature=player_detailpage


peer editing

2 comments:

  1. Hey Santana!

    I believe as well that peer editing is a great tool to utilize. It is easier to compliment than to put down. Ensure you are putting a link in your blog as well. I almost forgot to put mine in! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete