Friday, January 16, 2015

Blog Post #1

 What about EDM 310?

Heading into EDM 310, I heard many things about this course. I must say most of the things I heard about this course were on the negative side. Most people always say how hard it is and how complicated the activities can be. Some people also wondered why this course was required for teachers. Of course, I heard so positive things as well. I had a friend who talked about how she went into the course with such fear and exited the course thinking about how much more she learned than expected. I have also heard that as long as you stay ahead and don't get behind on blogs & assignments, turn in work on time, and ask questions then you should be fine. Also, make sure you use the checklist given. I am not going to lie, though I've heard some positive things about this class, I still entered the first day of class fearful. Fearful of what, I can't truly say, but I think it is the rumor that this class is so complicated and confusing.
If I had to compare and contrast this class with any other classes I have taken I would probably compare it to a class I took way back in the day. The class was called Computer Discovery. I believe I took this class around 7th or 8th grade, and I actually enjoyed  it. In that class, we learned about operating computers of course and different documents and terms about computers. We learned things such as keyboarding, word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, and media presentations. 
The most difficult thing for me about this class will probably be the activities that involve using a Macintosh. Though it was stated we don't necessarily have to have a Macintosh, I know it will take more time and work doing those activities on a PC. So in order for me to make sure I fully understand how to complete those assignments on my PC, I know I will have to take full advantage of the computer lab as well as the lab assistants. And as far, as any other fears and questions about EDM 310, I think the syllabus pretty much explained to me what this class is all about and what I have to do to succeed in this class. The main points I took from the syllabus is  to make sure I manage my time wisely and to complete each assignment or blogs on time.

Motivation quote




1 comment:

  1. Great blog post! I've had the same fear coming into the classroom as well. Finishing all assignments on time will help us get through this class together.

    ReplyDelete