Thursday, March 12, 2015

Project #4 C4T #2

Image of a ferris wheel


Hello Mr. Sladkey! My name is Santana Mullins, and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I will be summarizing my visits to your blog with a post to my blog on March 12, 2015. My blog URL is mullinssantanaedm310@blogspot.com and our class blog is edm310.blogspot.com. First, I would like to say great post! I love the idea of making ferris wheels out of piper cleaners to learn some basic Trig ideas. I sure could of used this idea in high school ha ha. I concur that students most times are so concentrated on what teachers are explaining that things just don't sink into their brains. Students tend to learn better visually than reading and writing. Math is tough as it is, and I love how you used a manipulative and project based learning in a way in order to keep your students engaged to DO MORE. Hope the test scores are great! Thanks for sharing!

Mr. Sladkey teaches Trig. Math is always better when you do more than just WATCH He wanted to find a way to get his students to DO MORE. He understood how hard it could be for students to concentrate and understand what he was teaching. So he decided to use a manipulative in order to get the students to DO MORE. He had the students make ferris wheels out of piper cleaners to learn basic Trig. He did not tell or show the students how to make the ferris wheel. He just gave them a fictitious story about a person being thrown from the ferris wheel and released into a moving tub of water. The students then had to answer a few Trig questions using the ferris wheel and the scenario


Image of a Google Docs logo

Hello, Mr. Sladkey this is Santana again from EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. Great post about Google Docs! I really enjoyed the symbolism between the magic straw and Google. I must admit I had no clue what Google Docs was until I took my EDM 310 class, and now I use it everyday. I concur with what you said about it being so easy to use. I also enjoy no longer having to wonder if I pressed save or not.

Mr. Sladkey symbolized Google Docs into a story titled Doc and the Magic Straw. His purpose for this post was to show the benefits of collaborating. He wanted to show how you could present your project to others while also allowing them to collaborate on the project. No matter where the person was or how many people worked on the project, it was possible for everyone to contribute. The story was very interesting and went right along with what Google Docs does. The story was about Doc writing a letter to the mayor in order to save a tree. Doc began writing the letter, and noticed it would take some time, so he decided to send it to a friend with his "magic straw". Then, Doc had trouble finishing writing the letter and decided he needed help, so he created a "magic pen" for others to help him write the letter. Finally, after a collaborative effort, Doc was proud of the letter and sent it to the mayor. What happened next? Well you'll have to click on the link and see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment